May 28th - A foul commute to and from work, characterised by constant drizzle, wet greasy roads and drivers not concentrating. Nearly wiped out on the way to work, a lady pulled out on me from a factory forecourt so closely her car snapped the reflector off my rear mudguard. Had I been slightly slower, she’d have clipped my wheel and I’d have been off. She didn’t even stop.
Returning on a no less intemperate journey home, I was cheered to see the cows still on Jockey Meadows; a fair-sized herd, there seem to be about 12 or 15, and they were looking wet and fatalistic as only cows can.
I’m convinced they’re here to maintain the meadow and churn it up, whilst spreading the fertile love in the form of cowpats. They certainly seem to be having a good go.
They were fascinated by me and my bike. I’m sure they’d all have come to the gate had I waited long enough.
- fokki likes this
- rabidwerewolfie likes this
- balltobuild likes this
- n2qfd likes this
- growingupwonderdog likes this
- lennymoo likes this
- lennymoo reblogged this from vegetablearian
- freshrosemary reblogged this from brownhillsbob and added:
- madoldbaggage likes this
- supersl0re likes this
- vegetablearian reblogged this from brownhillsbob
- vegetablearian likes this
- brownhillsbob posted this