May 31st - He was in the middle of a busy lane at Shenstone Woodend, just sitting there. I spotted him by chance, and just swerved to miss him. I screeched to a halt and thought what to do.
He could fly short distances, but was clearly exhausted, and I couldn’t get him out of the road for love nor money. I know you’re not supposed to touch fledging chicks, but he was going to get squished under the wheels of the many vehicles that come this way.
I gently picked him up, and popped in in the hedge right next to where I found him. I hope he survived.
Anyone know what he is? I think he’s a tit of some sort.
Edit: Thanks to Fatuoussunbeams - he’s a blue tit. Thought he was, but after my recent dire attempts at botany I’m hedging my bets! Cheers…
- vegetablearian likes this
- gimpykat likes this
- madoldbaggage likes this
- epihuiskamp likes this
- my365photographs likes this
- markus698 likes this
- balltobuild likes this
- yourqueenbitches likes this
- moonlightbishoujo likes this
- goaskalicemorgan likes this
- callistacalled likes this
- carajay1317 reblogged this from brownhillsbob
- carajay1317 likes this
- fatuoussunbeams said: It’s a blue tit
- brownhillsbob posted this